Kait<3
So within the last month I have been going threw an extreme flare up. Wish I knew what caused it but regardless it's here. My doctor was at question to whats next in general not to mention my medication. I take the basic meds anyone with Lupus does. But now it was time to switch things up again. Once again the talk of methotrexate was brought up. In the past I've blogged on my adventures with it the first time...which was a living nightmare for me. The side effects of this drug are horrible not to mention the life long problems it can cause for you. Methotrexate that I take is a lower dose of the chemo but still containing the same side effects & is in high doses used as an abortion drug. Cancer patients take methotrexate to slow down and hopefully stop the reproduction of cancerous cells. It is used to stop the progression of RA in a similar way. According to WebMD, it works by “competing with folic acid in cells. This blocks the way the cell is able to make genetic material, and the cell dies.” This is also why you will be required to take folic acid tablets in conjunction with the methotrexate. So a medication that is does all of this is scary as hell.
Yet again Fridays are my days for my weekly dose of this. It's Tuesday now and I'm just starting to get over the side effects from last Friday. So I'm just trying to make the best of it and share my adventure once again on here.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment